We invite you to this space to learn together to actively participate in public policy!
From March 8 to December 8, 2019, we will carry out a wonderful meeting dynamic between citizens #EnGuadalajara. In the building of the Cabildo of the Guadalajara City Council, we will actively contribute to decision-making on municipal public policies for 8 months, in the area of Women's Human Rights.
· March 8 will be the Day of the Inaugural Event, the beginning of our workshops. We are waiting for you in our Ágora: The Cabildo that is located on the Upper Floor of the Presidency of Guadalajara, 15.30-18.30.
· 8 working groups with different areas of incidence, with three participating profiles:
2. Expert citizens interested in one of the eight themes
3. Leading public servants in the Government of Guadalajara.
· On March 8 of the current year there will be 8 expert speakers on each topic, speaking 8 minutes on how they have contributed, as well as the challenges we have in the various fields. One of the university students at each table will also do a 3-minute reflection in response to the speakers
· 8 months of work with a monthly session, which will have 3 global goals:
1. Generate the meeting space between citizens, mentors and university students,
2. For advocacy with a gender perspective in the public sphere, and
3. In the GDL municipal public policies.
We will especially focus on three governing documents, in addition to giving life to municipal actions by actively participating as citizens, within the framework of governance: the Municipal Plan for Development and Governance, the Municipal Program for Equality and the Municipal Program for Prevention, Attention, Sanction and Eradication of Violence against Women. And everything that is generated in our meetings and reciprocal learning!
* The university students will be Technical Secretaries of the eight tables, with the support of @InmujeresGDL staff, public servants and other participating citizens, as part of their mentoring process.
0. CROSS-CUTTING: Public policies for substantive equality between women and men, as well as a life free of violence. Round table of the two transversal axes and the Gender Alert.
1. SOCIO-EDUCATIONAL: Education, culture, art and sport for equality between women and men, with an intersectional (identities) and intersectoral (social sectors) approach.
2. TRAINING: University Academy, Research, Professional Colleges and publications with a gender perspective.
3. POLITICS: Women in politics, activism for the defense of human rights, labor rights and political rights of women free of political violence based on gender.
4. ECONOMIC: Economic development with a gender perspective, promotion of entrepreneurship by and for Women, within the framework of violence-free equality.
5. SCIENTIFIC: Violence-free equality for women in the field of exact sciences, health, engineering and technology.
6. HUMAN DEVELOPMENT: Accompaniment and human development with a gender perspective (for self-care with a gender perspective, empowerment and leadership, gender equality, reconciliation between personal, family and professional life, as well as care, sexual rights and reproductive, for a life free of violence, among others).
7. IN THE CITY: Urban planning, sustainable social and community development in the consolidation of a Safe and Friendly City for Women and Girls.
8. MEDIA: Journalism, social networks and media with a gender perspective.
* At the end of this process, we will carry out an annual work report, as well as various publications derived from the joint work of our Human Rights Agenda for Guadalajara women. November 25 will be a special day to spread the fruits of the work in the 8 months, which we will do in a Great Event for all the participants.
Video with the explanation of the Women’s Agora: http://bit.do/VideoAgoraDeMujeres
If you are interested, enter the following page: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfA6Mfv32VfXecOWE3ow4260HlY9ZoWW5aj9Xey3YJ8CImwlA/viewform